Chess is one of the oldest and most popular board games. It is played by two opponents on a checkered board with specially designed pieces of contrasting colours, commonly white and black. The objective of the game is to capture the opponent’s king.
Event’s Rules & Regulations
1. Touch Move
The touch move rule applies to all groups. (The piece touched first will be moved by the player if possible.)
• For groups using chess clocks, the time control will be announced at the beginning of the tournament.
• Time Controls are either 15 minutes with 3 second increment or 20 minutes.
• The tournament organizer may, at his discretion, put a clock on a game at any time if it appears that either player is stalling or using an excessive amount of time.
• Players must make their move and press the clock with same hand.
• Clocks May not be picked up or moved during the game.
3. Won Games
A Game is Won:
1) By Checkmate.
2) If opponent resigns.
3) If the opponent runs out of time, provided the following conditions are met:
• To Claim a win on time, a player must notify a tournament official and have mating material.
• Claiming a win on time is invalid after a checkmate or stalemate has been played, or after a player has resigned or agreed to a draw.
4. Drawn Games
A game is drawn:
1) By Stalemate.
2) By agreement of the players during the game.
3) By three-fold repetition.
4) By fifty moves rule.
5) If a player has insufficient mating material and the opponent runs out of time.
• If result of the game is a draw, a 5-minute game will be played among the players. If 5-
minute game is also a draw, then a 3-minute game will be played.
• Players are responsible to be ready to play at the beginning of a round and are expected to be within a reasonable range of the playing area and pay attention for when they are called to play.
• Players who are not present at the start of around may have their chess clocks started.
• If a player has any questions concerning the rules, they may raise their hand and talk to a tournament organizer. In case of any dispute or claim, stop the clocks and summon a tournament organizer.
• Only the two players in a game may make claims concerning their game. For example, players may not call touch move or indicate that time has expired in someone else’s game. One exception to this rule is that tournament organizer may point out illegal moves, but only when both players have at least 5 minutes remaining.
• It is forbidden to distract or annoy the opponent in any way whatsoever.
Event Head: Abdul Basit
Contact : 03150016737
Reg Fee: 2000 per head
No.of Members: 1
Winning Prize: 10,000
Runner up: 5,000